top of page
Convento de S. Francisco do Monte
This was one of the first three convents of the Order of Friars Minor to be built in the country, dating from the end of the 14th century.
It underwent several extensions during its existence, eventually becoming an oratory, when its friars were transferred to the Convent of Santo António dos Capuchos (Viana do Castelo) (1625).
However, it was eventually abandoned, perhaps because of its difficult to access location, having been rebuilt since 1751.
Viana do Castelo
3h30 - 380km to Lisbon
bottom of page