The Sanctuary of Nossa Senhora da Peneda is a Catholic sanctuary dedicated to the Virgin Mary under the invocation of Nossa Senhora da Peneda, located in the municipality of Arcos de Valdevez, in the district of Viana do Castelo.
Vilarinho da Furna was a village in the parish of Campo do Gerês, located in the municipality of Terras de Bouro, in the district of Braga. Since 1971, this village has been submerged by the reservoir of the Vilarinho das Furnas dam. However, when the dam is emptied for cleaning or when the water level drops in periods of drought, the houses, paths and walls of the old village can still be seen.
The set of Espigueiros de Soajo (Soajo, Arcos de Valdevez) comprise a community threshing floor consisting of 24 granaries, all in stone and based on a granite outcrop. The oldest dates from 1782. Some of these granaries are still used by the population today.
This Catholic sanctuary dedicated to Senhor Bom Jesus is an architectural-landscape ensemble made up of a church, a stairway where the Via Sacra do Bom Jesus develops, an area of forest (Parque do Bom Jesus)
It was built on a rock by the sea in 1686. It is believed that the origin of the cult in the Chapel of Senhor da Pedra may have its origins in an ancient pagan cult, of a naturalistic nature, of pre-Christian peoples, whose deities were venerated in full nature, having subsequently been converted to Christianity.
The Ponte da Misarela is located on the Rabagão River, about a kilometer from its mouth on the Cávado River, in the parish of Ferral, municipality of Montalegre district of Vila Real, in Portugal. It connects the parishes of Ruivães, in Vieira do Minho, to Ferral, in the municipality of Montalegre. It was built in the Middle Ages and rebuilt in the early 19th century.
Popular devotion in the place dates back to a chapel, under the invocation of Santo Estevão, built in 1361. In the 16th century, threatening ruin, it was demolished (1568), and the construction of a new temple began, on the initiative of the Bishop of Lamego. In the new chapel an image of the Virgin and Child was deposited.
The Varosa River, before surrendering to the magnetic force of the Douro River, suffers a sudden depression along with Sande. It then became a place envied by anyone who wants to draw electricity from river currents, and thus the Varosa Dam was built in 1976.
Castro de Monte Mozinho or Cidade Morta de Penafiel is located in the Portuguese parishes of Galegos, Oldrões, in Monte Mozinho, Penafiel municipality, Porto district. It is the largest Castro Romano in the Iberian Peninsula, although it is not yet fully explored
It was opened in 1855. The cemetery chapel was built in 1870/1871, designed by engineer Gustavo Adolfo Gonçalves, and expanded in 1906 by the architect Marques da Silva. The Byzantine style frescoes were the work of Silvestro Silvestri, in 1910.
Barca d’Alva is a place belonging to the parish of Escalhão, municipality of Figueira de Castelo Rodrigo, located in the North of the district of Guarda, and inserted in the Natural Park of Douro Internacional. Next to the village lies the border with Spain, defined here by the course of the rivers Águeda and Douro.
The Grand Sanatorium, the oldest of all, opened its doors in 1922, after the creation of a society driven by the doctor Jerónimo de Lacerda, which included personalities of the time. The clinical control of all the sanatoriums built later was the responsibility of the clinical staff of the Grand Sanatorium. Open all year round, it offered “telegraph, telephone, lift, central heating, cinema, ballroom and clinical management”.
Castelo Rodrigo is considered a historic village in Portugal since 1991. The Historic Village of Castelo Rodrigo is, in its entirety, an authentic monumental space that preserves important references in the medieval plan.
Casa do Penedo is located between Celorico de Basto and Fafe, more precisely in the parish of Moreira do Rei, municipality of Fafe, in the Northern Region of Portugal, due to its name due to the fact that it was built between four large rocks that integrate the structure of the house.
Stone Roof House- Casa da Fraga The little information that exists about this house, does not detract from your visit. Its peculiar characteristic comes down to its construction, the roof being a big rock.
Despite its appearance, this surreal opening in a Serra da Estrela Lagoon is not actually a portal to any other time or place, but an artificial funnel that leads water through a long tunnel. Although it looks like a natural hole lined with waterfalls, Covão dos Conchos is, in fact, an engineering marvel.
The Poço do Inferno as its name suggests is a well, or a small lagoon in the middle of Serra da Estrela. Resulting from a waterfall of about 10 meters high, formed by the waters of the Leandres stream. 
the village of Foz d'Égua is characterized by its mountainous rural aspect, with typical schist and slate houses, surrounded by a picturesque nature, rich in fauna and flora species that find their natural habitat here. The town of Foz d'Égua is located next to the meeting point of the Piódão stream with the Chãs stream near the village of Chãs d'Égua, in the parish of Piodão.
Conímbriga is a settlement established since the Copper Age that was an important center during the Roman Republic and that remained inhabited until at least the 9th century.  It is one of the most extensive and diversified archaeological sites in Portugal. It is classified as a National Monument, having been the scene of excavations since the 19th century
Santa Maria de Seiça Monastery is a monastery in Paião, Figueira da Foz, Portugal, founded around 1162 by D. Afonso Henriques, this monastery must have started out as a Benedictine. It has this name because it is located in the Ribeira de Seiça area.
Portas de Ródão is a geological formation located near Vila Velha de Ródão, resulting from the intersection of the hard quartzitic relief of Serra das Talhadas with the course of the Tagus River. In this place there is a narrowing of the valley, which runs here between two steep walls, which reach about 170 m in height, reminiscent of two "doors"
Monsanto can be seen on the side of a great steep skid, called the Pillory of Monsanto (Mons Sanctus). It is located northeast of Guarda and suddenly breaks out of the field. At the highest point, its peak reaches 100 meters. The human presence in this place dates back to the era of Dom Afonso Henriques. Archeology tells us that the place was inhabited by barbarians, at the foot of the mountain.
Deep in the Carso of the Serras de Aire e Candeeiros Natural Park is this grotto, which until today is considered the largest Underground Room in the country. At about 50 meters deep, it is possible to admire a huge profusion of speleothems of varied and unusual shapes.
The old railroad, the main means of transporting coal from the Bezerra mines to the Thermoelectric Power Station, transformed into a pedestrian route, is now remodeled, becoming a modern ecopista that allows you to walk, on foot or by bicycle.
The Pegões Aqueduct was built with the purpose of supplying water to the Convento de Cristo in Tomar, and is about 6 km long.Its construction was initiated in 1593, during the reign of Filipe I of Portugal, under the direction of Filipe Terzio, (chief architect of the kingdom) and was completed in 1614 by Pedro Fernando de Torres.
The Hospital Termal Rainha D. Leonor, now Termas das Caldas da Rainha is located in Largo Rainha D. Leonor, in the parish of Nossa Senhora do Pópulo, city and county of Caldas da Rainha, District of Leiria, Portugal. It is considered the oldest thermal hospital in operation in the world. Index
The Berlengas archipelago is a Portuguese archipelago, composed of granite islands, located in the Atlantic Ocean, 5.7 miles west of Cape Carvoeiro.The Berlengas Nature Reserve has been considered a UNESCO World Biosphere Reserve since June 30, 2011. .
Built on a granite outcrop 18 meters above water level, on a small island 310 meters long and 75 meters wide, in the middle course of the Tagus River, just below its confluence with the Zêzere River, at the time of the Reconquista it was part of the so-called Linha do Tejo, the current Templar Tourism Region.
The village of Broas, which has been totally abandoned for more than 40 years, according to some, has not been modified after its abandonment. Broas is an uninhabited village that is located mainly in the parish of Cheleiros, municipality of Mafra, and its remaining area in the parish of Terrugem, municipality of Sintra.
The Palace of Mafra (Portuguese: Palácio de Mafra), also known as the Palace-Convent of Mafra and the Royal Building of Mafra (Real Edifício de Mafra), is a monumental Baroque and Neoclassical palace-monastery located in Mafra, Portugal, some 28 kilometres from Lisbon. Construction began in 1717 under King John V of Portugal and was completely concluded in 1755.
Quinta da Regaleira is one of the most amazing monuments in the Serra de Sintra. Located at the end of the historic center of the village, it was built between 1904 and 1910, in the last period of the monarchy.
The Castle of Sintra, popularly known as Castelo dos Mouros, is located in the village of Sintra, in the district of Lisbon, in Portugal. Built on a rocky massif, isolated on one of the summits of the Sintra mountain range, in Extremadura, from the top of its walls there is a privileged view of all its rural surroundings that extend to the Atlantic Ocean.
The Vale dos Lagos in Parque da Pena is located at the northern top of the central area of Pena, between the slope of the Palace (to the east) and the slope that gives access to the area of Abegoaria, Feteira da Condessa and Chalet (to the west).
The Convento do Carmo de Lisboa is an old convent of the Order of Carmelites of the Old Observance that is located in Largo do Carmo and was built, overlooking Rossio (Praça de D. Pedro IV), on the hill bordering that of the Castle of São Jorge, in the city and District of Lisbon, in Portugal.
High security pavilion (1892-1896), known as Panopticon, was designed for a prison ward for dangerous patients or those coming from the penitentiary and should not be confused with a psychiatric ward typical of the time.
Cabo Espichel is a promontory located in Portugal, west of the village of Sesimbra. It is bounded to the south and west by the Atlantic Ocean and to the north by the national road 379 and Ribeira dos Caixeiros. It marks the southwest end of the Setúbal peninsula. In the cape one can see, dizzying and abyssal, the Bay of Lagosteiros.
The Palafítico Pier of Carrasqueira Comporta is a place known for being an architectural masterpiece. This piece had its construction marked between the 50s and 60s, with irregular wooden stakes, fragile in appearance. Currently, it aims to serve as a dock for fishing boats that dock there, having a few hundred meters in which it is possible to walk.
Xerez Cromlech (Portuguese: Cromeleque do Xerez), also known as the Xarez Cromlech, is a megalithic complex that is believed to date back to the 4th or 5th millennia BCE. It is situated near the town of Monsaraz in the Évora district of the Alentejo region of Portugal.
The convent was founded at the beginning of the century. XVIII by a group of hermits who lived in the Serra de Monfurado. They first lived in caves and shelters, which in fact were Roman mines that are located near the current monument, where they isolated themselves from the world and the sins that tempted them.
The Carregado thermoelectric plant was a thermoelectric plant built in 1969 in Carregado, municipality of Alenquer. The plant was composed of six generation groups capable of generating 710 megawatts of power and was used only at peak regime.